[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:59:14 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:
> David Thatcher wrote:
>
> You REALLY want to start a religious war, don't you?  For those of you
> not aware, emacs and vi are two different text editors in UnixWorld.
> Each has a rabid following, and each of those followings has absolutely
> no use for the other.
>
> Makes the Windows vs. Mac crowd look like a group of schoolchildren at
> recess.  Same with bash and sh, two different command shells.  You want
> to see a holy war, there ya go.

It seems to be generally true that the smaller and closer in overall
beliefs two sects are, the nastier the internecine warfare.

We are singularly blessed - and should continue to congratulate
ourselves - that such things very rarely occur here on our core focus.
Maybe that's the advantage of letting the occasional OT spat go on.

Moose