[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:55:53 -0500
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 11:37:04AM -0400, Tom Scales wrote:
> I know this is a religious war and I LIKE the Macs and revisit buying one
> every few months.  The economics just DO NOT WORK.

They do if you compare apples to apples (so to speak). You're comparing just
the hardware; there's more to a Mac than just the hardware. Once you factor
in the included software - which, unlike the junk that Windows makers throw
in, is actually good and usable - and the costs get comparable.

There's also the very significant factor that you're not stuck with that
pile of security hole-riddled crapware masquerading as an OS called Windows.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                   http://www.conmicro.com
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net