[OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got tota

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Intel Mac users only -- mac and pc the lines just got totally blurred -new parallels
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:15:02 -0500
swisspace wrote:
> Heads up for intel  mac users.
>
> I installed the new version of parallels, the killer feature for me was
> the directx support, now I can run ALL my windows software in the
> virtual machine (I have some cad stuff) with no need to boot into
> windows via bootcamp. I believe you can run games but I have yet to try
> it but floorplan which requires directx now works.
>
> so no longer can you say just for windows or mac - got an intel mac, do
> both ;-)

I just got the upgrade offer from Parallels (I run 2.x) and I'm going to
go for it.  The freakiest (and coolest) feature is Coherence.  In 2.0,
coherence put a Windows taskbar at the bottom of your OSX screen, and
windows apps just appeared in windows like OSX apps.

 From what I understand, with Coherence 2.0, you can put
shortcuts/aliases to Windows apps on the OSX Dock.  I believe
filesharing between the VM and OSX is also a lot more transparent now.

Almost total platform transparency.  Parallels rocks.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon