[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:00:49 -0700
> From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> White, brown, black red, yellow - it's the same story.

I think Europeans have had a disparate impact, due primarily to their
clever use of energy and technology.

Have you read "Guns, Germs, and Steel," by Jared Diamond? Or seen the
three-part PBS series of the same name? He makes a convincing case
that, although one may view it as simply the latest in a continuing
series, the European diaspora has been especially impactful (notice I
avoided the loaded term "devastating") on the natural world.

:::: There's a difference between having an open mind and letting the
wind blow through your ears! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::