[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:44:37 -0700
> From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I assume
> that the current Mac system can use all the little bits and pieces
> that make
> up a Unix type system and what knowledge I have from linux will
> transfer
> fairly well to a Mac.

Yes, although things are often frustratingly different, as the recent
"killall" discussion showed!

But "sudo rm -f /" works the same on both systems. (Kids, don't try
this at home! :-)

:::: Our present economic system is... little more than a well-
organized method for converting natural resources into garbage. --
Jay Hanson ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::