[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:35:25 -0400
On Wed March 21 2007 12:10 am, Jan Steinman wrote:

> Between system logs and command-line utilities like netstat(1) and
> ifconfig(8), I find it much simpler to keep a Mac working on a
> wireless network than a PC. But mostly I've had to do wireless
> debugging with those tools when a PC user couldn't use our wireless
> network.

I'm using a linux set up right now. I know the basic Unix/linux utilities, but
most of the time I end up doing a bunch of searching/reading to solve
problems. It was a little frustrating at first until I realized that I'd
already done that and more on windows but it was done incrementally. I assume
that the current Mac system can use all the little bits and pieces that make
up a Unix type system and what knowledge I have from linux will transfer
fairly well to a Mac.