[OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]

Subject: [OM] Re: Salt in the wound [Was Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts]
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 05:01:09 -0500
I believe the time has come to found the Global Warming Party! I'll do that as
my first act as a freshly minted US citizen - in Texas. Then I'll take a trip
to the Old Country and do likewise to the consternation of our wilting Greens.
List members could start the First International of Global Warming Parties
(wink, wink).

On-topic content: the original campaign platform will include a call for
industrial plant to churn out economical and reliable analog reproduction
devices - including film cameras. As soon as the GWP of Japan is in charge,
Olympus's OM assets will be made public domain and production of the OM series
will be resumed worldwide under the watchful eyes of GWP commissars. Jared
Diamond will be rickshawed around with an OM3-Ti hanging from his neck.

I'm still unsure what we should call a GWP member. A 'Calorist'? Or how about
an 'Anti-Carbonarist'? I guess all cells would be lo-cal, too... - Phil

On 21:31, Jan Steinman wrote:

>I confronted Diamond when he gave a talk in Portland. When the
>question period came up, I asked him that, whereas for roughly
>1,999,900 years, humans had at their disposal about 40 watts of
>energy average, and we peaked in the 80's at over 8 kilowatts, and
>have been declining since, how could he be "cautiously optimistic"
>about the future?

==