[OM] Re: Panny sensors?

Subject: [OM] Re: Panny sensors?
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:57:10 +0100
Jumping briefly in between the red and blue corners, I assume that it's the
camera manufacturers' objective to linearize their sensor quirks in their
raw conversion software (whether in-camera or external) - and 3rd party raw
converters may (will) take a different set of compromises.  And then as
individuals we can tweak the 'calibration' tab to adjust to our own personal
taste.  So the whole chain: lens -> sensor -> camera processor -> raw
conversion -> ... has to be compared fairly.  Which means it's nigh on
impossible.  You can't feed a N image through a C raw converter, and if you
feed them both through CR you get Adobe's idea of how they each should look.

OK, seconds away, round 3...
Jez