[OM] Re: Digital Curves [WAS]: Panny sensors?

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Curves [WAS]: Panny sensors?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:35:41 -0700
Not exactly. The custom curve is loaded into the camera. That is the
reason the camera has to be connected to the computer to load it and
requires Nikon software to access the camera settings.  The custom
curve is applied to the Jpeg images in the camera. The choice of the
custom curve or the standard curve with other settings are accessed
in the tone compensation section of the menu in the camera.

It is correct that it does not harm to keep it installed, but you do
want to deselect it in the camera if you do want to reselect the
standard Nikon curve if you do not want to use it.  Did you select
the custom curve in the camera after you loaded it?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA