[OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and do

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:29:59 -0800
I tried it with images taken as raw that had been converted to jpeg
for web display and on more than one site. Not scientific, I know,
but informative nevertheless. The difference in sharpening amount
seemed consistent enough the few times I did it to say something
about the default settings while the consistency between between the
images when sharpened to a point with equal sharpening artifacts
reassured me that there was no free lunch. All very subjective of
course.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA