[OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and do

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:34:49 -0500
Bob, do you do your own printing?  Or do you use a lab?

I've found that good pro labs are very attuned to quality and can
often offer advice about which files they print produce the best
quality.  Of course we're talking about objective technical issues,
not artistic ones.  And you have to weed out evangelists who already
committed to a brand.

I also think it's important to *handle* gear, if at all possible,
before you buy.  Some things I've bought sight-unseen, based on rave
reviews, have simply not worked for me.  And some things I like seem
to leave others cold.

ScottGee1

On 11/30/06, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I don't really know what's driving Bob but I thought it was the ability
> to make very large prints.  If that's the motivating factor I'm surprised
> that his choice is not a 5D or some other full frame variant. <<
>
> Even Bob doesn't know what's driving Bob. <g> Quality, dependability,
> longevity, expandability, etc., all have their part to play. Large prints
> are important, and for that reason among others the 5D or its replacement is
> still under consideration.

SNIP!