[OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and do

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:31:27 -0500
But that's not the way I read my D200 and 5D manuals.  The 5D manual
agrees that "Neutral" means no sharpening at all.  The 200D manual (with
respect to sharpening) defines "Normal" as meaning sharpened by the
"standard amount".  The 200D reserves the word "None" for "Images are
not sharpened"

Of course, the 200D manual also uses the word "normal" in many other
contexts.  So what did the reviewers mean?

Chuck Norcutt