[OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and do

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon or Nikon: was What would you do? Now: Horse racing and dog. Well sort of . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:00:05 -0500
Yes, Canyon weather sealing in a full frame body will cost you dearly;
much more than a 5D.  I would not be concerned about the pixel count
difference between a D200 and 5D but I would be at least a little
concerned about Moose's 300D/5D demonstration that smaller numbers of
large pixels can resolve more detail than larger numbers of small
pixels.  However he hasn't demonstrated that that is the case for a
D200/5D comparison and, even if it is, you may be right about there
being no disecernable difference at 16x20 or whatever is the relevant
print size for your sales.

Chuck Norcutt