[OM] Re: lightroom

Subject: [OM] Re: lightroom
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:51:05 -0800 (PST)
> > Uh, this is Adobe we're talking about here.  Home of the
> $600 editor. They'll tell us $250 is a bargain.

Yeah, I have a sickening feeling that Adobe will get us good
with Lightroom and the upgrades will be nasty too.  But, this is
the first time I've actually seen a product that nailed
"productivity" as well for the working pro doing what I do.  It
doesn't take too many assignments to pay for itself.

That said, I wish that PWP had a slightly better conversion
engine and handled workflow a touch better. PWP 4.0 is *MUCH*
better than it was, but I'm still just a bit put-off with it.
You can't beat the price and you've got to love his attitude
about getting things right the first time and not raking you
over upgrade fees.  PWP is kinda the E-1 of the editor world.

> Thank goodness for education discounts! Got Premiere Pro 2.0
> for something like 149$, and training manuals and DVD for
> another 50.

This year I bought a used Yamaha AW4416 mixer/DAW. I wanted one
the moment it came out, but with the way this one is equipped it
would have cost me about $5000.  By buying one two years old I
saved about $4000. :)  Unfortunately, software doesn't quite
work this way and it's always high-priced right up to the point
of total obsolesence.

AG

Sponsored Link

Online degrees - find the right program to advance your career.
www.nextag.com