[OM] Re: lightroom

Subject: [OM] Re: lightroom
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:07:10 +0100
The reason I like it for me personally is because you can really try out
the product and then ask on the forum for things that you need or want
changed, and having watched it develop through the beta's I like the
changes that have been made so far. The main one getting it running fast
enough which on the macbook it does now.  It also allows the developer
to get testing as you say for free, the savings from which hopefully
they will pass on to the end user, which is why I hope they will price
the product realistically. 100 USD is often mentioned on the forum.

If you have the disk space - you need about 15 per cent more than your
photos, import them into lightroom just referenced from their current
directory as 1 to 1, it took about 2 to three days for my 10000 raw
images. then when you run it it works quite quick and you can choose
gimp or cs2 as a plugin.

Then pick a tricky photo, one that underexposed in some places but
correct for the sky and using the develop sliders play with fill light
and recovery and you will be amazed how simple it is to correct these
pictures. I had spent hours on one photo trying to get the hang of
curves, but now I don't need to.

I will however try out aperture before I fork out any money for it
though. I wish however that iview had decent curves built in as that is
also a good product.