[OM] Re: Ornery mood

Subject: [OM] Re: Ornery mood
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:18:13 -0700
Roger Key wrote:
> I have just checked my E-500 documentation (advanced Manual) and it lists
> precisely the same error; P Card in the viewfinder and WRITE PROTECT on the
> screen. Corrective action says 'The card has been set to read-only setting
> with the computer. Reset the card with the computer'. So I guess you have to
> put the card in a card reader attached to a comuter and reset the read-only
> status, just like any other read/write device under Windows. This does not
> explain how AG managed to set the card to read-only without a computer!

Yeah, with AG's additional info, I too found this exact same error code
description in section 12, "Miscellaneous," in the E-1 manual, and yes,
it claims that this is done with a computer.

I must be missing something -- I've just tried to set "read-only" or
anything even remotely like it, with the CF card from my E-1 and a
Sandisk 8-in-1 Imagemate reader.  No soap.  Every single thing I've
tried in Windows XP has not offered me the option to set the CF card to
"read-only," "write protect" or anything else.  The only thing I can
think of is perhaps it's an undocumented feature/bug that pops up
occasionally when you attempt to erase individual images on the E-1.
So, naturally, that's the next thing I'm gonna try.

Back in awhile.

Garth