[OM] Re: While Oly twiddles their incrtutable thumbs.. [ was Not much t

Subject: [OM] Re: While Oly twiddles their incrtutable thumbs.. [ was Not much to be proud of. The mock-up revealed...]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:02:55 -0400
So many cameras do poorly on incandescent white balance whether auto or
the incandescent setting that I don't believe it's an "error".  I think
it's delibate and mimicking what people have come to expect in having
their daylight film night shots exposed indoors partly by flash and
partly by incandescent lights.  Phil can complain all he wants about the
incandescent white balance issue but I don't think most of the
manufacturers have any intention of listening.  The camera's settings
are for the masses.  Those who really care will use raw or otherwise
closely control the light.

Chuck Norcutt