[OM] Re: While Oly twiddles their incrtutable thumbs.. [ was Not much to

Subject: [OM] Re: While Oly twiddles their incrtutable thumbs.. [ was Not much to be proud of. The mock-up revealed...]
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:13:14 -0500
On 9/26/06, ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ha!  Why would I just *assume* incompetence?  Never occurred to me
> they might be doing it on purpose!
>
> Though I have learned to dislike AWB.  A lot.  Even when shooting in
> what I think is consistent light it re-evaluates with each shot and I
> end up with uneven results.  C@non if you're wondering . . .

Wondering all the way to the bank.

I use AWB all the time now with the E-1 except in obvious goofy
situations like post-sunset, etc.  In RAW conversion with Olympus
Viewer it's the only way to know what the camera's smarts would have
produced.  Unlike Rawshooter, there's no AWB in the Olympus Viewer
software.  But most of the time the camera AWB is quite good for what
I shoot.

Joel W.