[OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 17:03:56 -0800 (PST)
> I;m really surprised that a guy like you trusts your film to a
> roller transport machine with weird chemistry and no flowing
> water.

Portra ALWAYS gets done by a REAL lab.  The difference is night
and day. However, I find that the low-end ISO 100/200 films from
Fuji and Kodak seem to be optimized to this stew managed by
minimum wage flunkies.

The biggest problem with nearly all the one-hour lab setups is
inadequate wash times.  The base hasn't cleared enough. This is
especially important with T400CN and XP2.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com