[OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:46:00 -0600
On 2/6/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As far as I know, the V won't take the roll film adaptor (it's
> > not listed in the specs for the V on Nikon USA's site).
>
> Ok. Houston, we may have a problem.  If the 35mm roll film
> adaptor doesn't work on the V, I'm probably forced to go to a
> used 4000.

Ken,
Have you solved the problem of soft edges with the LS20? because my
understanding is that the problem is endemic to all Nikon scanners.
Before you fleeced me for the LS20 <gg>, I had made significant
progress evening out the sharpness by moving the focus point in
Vuescan, but it was still a kludgie business.  It was a problem that
put me off Nikon scanners forever, but perhaps it has finally been
resolved.  Sorry if this raises irrelevant issues at the 11th hour.

Joel W.