[OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:12:40 -0800
Joel Wilcox wrote:

>Have you solved the problem of soft edges with the LS20? because my
>understanding is that the problem is endemic to all Nikon scanners.
>Before you fleeced me for the LS20 <gg>, I had made significant
>progress evening out the sharpness by moving the focus point in
>Vuescan, but it was still a kludgie business.  It was a problem that
>put me off Nikon scanners forever, but perhaps it has finally been
>resolved.  Sorry if this raises irrelevant issues at the 11th hour.

I raised this question in my first response on the slivernose scanner
theme. It has certainly been a significant issue for many Coolscan
users. It's one reason I have a Can*n.

If scanning only 4 slides or up to six frames of uncut fulm at a time is
ok, I would do more checking on this issue and the flare issue C.H.
raised some time ago before buying a Nik*n.

Moose