[OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 07:58:34 -0800 (PST)
> As far as I know, the V won't take the roll film adaptor (it's
> not listed in the specs for the V on Nikon USA's site).

Ok. Houston, we may have a problem.  If the 35mm roll film
adaptor doesn't work on the V, I'm probably forced to go to a
used 4000.

The bulk of my files are Fujichromes in plastic mounts. I have
very little Kodachrome and almost no E6 in cardboard mounts.
Some of the plastic mounts are of the thicker variety, but those
are mostly of a period of time from 1989-1993.  Course, that
accounts for 1/3 of my files...

A clarification on future usage.  I plan on converting over to
hybrid within the next few months.  The sale of the darkroom
equipment will help fund an E-3 purchase, but I'll continue to
shoot film for B&W as well as special purpose images. I'm not
about to go 100% yet.  The OM-2S and IS-3 will continue to be
used until film is no more. However, I'd like to take advantage
of modern workflow and I recall how Tom Scales had gone this way
with his 4000. Being able to shoot rolls of film and be able to
digitize them quickly and easily would help level the playing
field.

Along with this migration to hybrid, I'll be looking to convert
from E-6 to C-41 for my film processing.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com