[OM] Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:33:41 -0800
Donald MacDonald wrote:

>Winsor Crosby wrote:
>

>>I think this need to do multiple steps when resizing in Photoshop is
>>urban legend. I can't see the difference in my limited test and
>>neither could Reichmann, finding that a single bicubic resize in PS
>>was as good as multiple steps or using Genuine Fractals, another
>>widely touted "superior" solution.
>>
>Professional Photographer magazine in the UK blew this one for me some
>time ago, I have the article somewhere. They did tests and the results
>convinced me.
>
>In fact, when I built my new machine for PS, I didn't even transfer over
>  SI Pro, and to tell the truth I haven't missed it.

Here I have to disagree.

I've done a careful comparison of PS Bicubic Smoother and Sharper, FM SI
and FM SI Pro at different settings
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/resize.htm>. I don't know if
the differences will show up in a print, but there are distinct
differences at 100% on screen, with SI Pro the clear winner. Be sure to
view at 100%!

Moose