[OM] Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:16:42 -0500
I followed up on Chuck's comment and after doing some Web research, it
seems PWP and support for it are flagging.  Sachs still sells the full
version for US$90 at the Digital Light & Color site, but it seems
clear that he is moving on to other pursuits.

drycreekphoto had this to say about PWP:

Picture Window Pro 3.1 and above (Windows and Linux only): A powerful
image editor with ICC profile support. The profile conversion routines
in Picture Window Pro (as of version 3.5.0.9) give mediocre results.
Shadow details in particular are plugged up. Also, the match between
soft proof and print is not as good as with the products listed above.

LINK:  http://drycreekphoto.com/Frontier/using_printer_profiles.htm

The "products listed above" are PS, QImage and CorelDRAW 10 and above.

ScottGee1