[OM] Re: iView Media Pro WAS Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95

Subject: [OM] Re: iView Media Pro WAS Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 23:54:27 -0800
I've been using iView Media Pro for a couple years now. I'm pretty
happy with it. Version 3 adds some nice features previously only
available in external scripts. I'm on OS 10.4.3, and use have used it
on a Lombard G3 PowerBook, a 1.25 DP G4 tower, and my new 15"
PowerBook. It's definitely more satisfying on the faster machines.
It'd be nice if there was more integration between it and iPhoto, or
that other programs would produce plug-ins for it like they do for
iPhoto. Blogspot and Flickr for example have a plug-in for iPhoto
that makes it super easy to add images or image galleries to blogs.
The cataloguing is quite flexible. It's not without annoying little
quirks...like sometimes crashing...but I think that was due to not
enough RAM on a slow machine...and I've got about 25,000 images in my
catalogue. Overall, I'd recommend it.

Rob in Seattle