[OM] Re: I quite like using the fisheye on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: I quite like using the fisheye on the E-1
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:36:48 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, swisspace wrote:

> I tried shaking it and gently banging metal rear of lens on a cloth on
> the table, but maybe I just have to keep trying, I wonder if sticky tape
> might be strong enough assuming I can remove any sticky stuff with
> acetone should it fail to come out.

Do not use tape, there is a good chance it will damage the coating.  If it
doesn't come out with gentle shaking then your best bet is to get the proper
tool (or just leave it alone).

> Does this also mean that this element is available and hopefully not
> expensive.  I did read somewhere about one guy taking it to the
> opticians who measure it and made him a new one.

None of the rear elements are available, which is why it's extremely
important that you don't cause any additional damage the ones you have.
                                        -mark