[OM] Re: I quite like using the fisheye on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: I quite like using the fisheye on the E-1
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:14:08 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, swisspace wrote:

> I unscrewed the black holding piece and could then pluck out a lens
> group, It looks like two elements glued together, and it has the
> appearance of fungus tendrils all around the outside edge - and they
> look to be between the two glued elements. there was then a metal spacer
> ring about 1.5 mm thick which fell out and next there is what appears to
> be another lens group, I m guessing it to be also two elements glued
> together, this I could't remove to fully inspect and it also had what
> looks like fungus tendrils around the  outside edge, and I think I could
> see that they were on the now exposed surface.

The one behind the spacer is a simple element, not a group.  Normally you
would use a small suction tool to remove the element.  If you don't have
the proper tool you might be able to get the element to fall out by carefully
shaking the lens.  Never pry on the element, you'll definitely damage it.
                                                -mark