[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:46:05 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2005 3:03:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Understandably the E-1 would cost less with the lenses you describe,
but you wouldn't be getting  12.8 megapixels in a full-frame sensor,
or the noise performance of the Canon DigicII/CMOS technology. For
pros who need the detail, 5 megapixels  on a 4/3 sensor won't cut it.
Canon knows exactly who they are targeting this camera  for.

I see where they were coming from and for the pro who needs an extra body,
primarily for studio work it is a good choice.   For my purposes, and  I would
suggest that of most of this groups members, the e-1 is a much better  choice.
 It might even be a good choice for some pros depending  on their
requirements. Bill Barber