[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:53:08 EDT
In a message dated 8/22/2005 10:28:27 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Lots of  people are surviving quite well without dust shakers and seals.
How  well sealed is my OM-2 or 2sp?  I honestly don't know the answer
to  that

Yes, I know many(most) digital shooters are doing quite well without the  e-1
sensor cleaning technology and I know that the repair shop I use has a
revolving door of people bringing their cameras in for sensor cleaning.   Mine
was
the first e-1 the repair guy at seen and then only because he said he  hadn't
seen one and I fetched it out of the car for him.

With my film cameras, the dust may get on my mirror, but my mirror is not
recording the image.

I suspect this dust on the sensor thing is a little like the small pebble  in
the shoe.  The other guys won't know it was such as problem until there
manufacturers take care of it.  Yes, I know there are similar issues with  the
e-1
and I'll be glad to get rid of my pebbles.  Bill Barber