[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:34:38 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2005 9:18:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

For  those that use Canon or plan to use it as a platform for their OM
lens collection, you have a cheaper 35mm sized sensor alternative,
the Canon 5D announced today. No multiplication factor and 12
megapixels in a 20D style body.

_http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos5d/_
(http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos5d/)

It will be interesting to see who Olympus brings to the prom.  I hope  it is
not that freshman girl he has been dating for the last couple of  years.

I am puzzled as to why Canon would build a camera body with a huge sensor,  a
pretty fancy price and no environmental seals.  Dust on the sensor is a  big
problem with every other camera other than the e-1.

Were I sitting on the fence and wanted to use my Olympus lenses, I'd still
probably go with the e-1 or wait out it successor.  For less than the 5D  body
would cost me, I could probably buy the e-1, the normal 14-54mm lens and  the
7-14mm Digital Zuiko.

Bill Barber