[OM] Re: More on digital vs. film by one of the Landscape masters

Subject: [OM] Re: More on digital vs. film by one of the Landscape masters
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:24:07 -0400
A lot of his rationale for going digital was convenience.  He needs to
get new images to his website quickly.  Film processing (chemical),
scanning, PS work, etc., was taking him a couple of weeks at the least.
In another article on Luminous Landscape published in 2001, he defended
4x5 as the ideal format.  Granted four years have passed, which is an
eon in digital terms.  But I wonder what his next "perfect" camera will
be.  He makes a living at it, I don't, so he can afford to change
platforms far more rapidly than I.  I don't think I've gotten the most
out of my 35mm gear, much less my 4x5.