[OM] More on digital vs. film by one of the Landscape masters

Subject: [OM] More on digital vs. film by one of the Landscape masters
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:13:17 -0700
In our continuing line of discussion regarding digital vs. film, here
is another article I found of a famous Landscape photographer, Alain
Briot, who was transitioned, for the most part from 4X5 film to a
1Ds.  I think you will find his article quite interesting. One of the
most notable things I gleaned from this article was how he could
extract shadow detail in digital that he simply could not get in 4X5
film without a LOT of work in adjustment layers. Read it for
yourself and draw your own conclusions.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/1Ds-4x5.shtml

Cheers,
Stephen.