[OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:24:07 -0400
Yeah, the price of the R-D1 is an issue, but then I compare it to DSLRs
putting out comparable images, and it's not that much of a premium.  It
has no competition, so when someone comes out with a competing DRF,
maybe we'll have some price relief.  But you have LOTS of choices for
glass, some of it not expensive at all, and that's a plus.  The only
downside is focal length multiplier factor and auxiliary viewfinder
necessity, but I can live with that.

The b&w it puts out is very nice, and that's something that is of value
to me.

I'm hoping Zeiss will produce a DRF once the new Z-I film rf is launched
and established.  But if Maitani came out of retirement and produced an
interchangeable lens digital 35SP...

Earl