[OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:16:53 -0400
Well, since THC taint has been a significant (~10%) problem with corks
over the last few decades, proper screw tops will be the answer unless
cork can be improved and priced competitively.  Cork producers have
responded to the challenge, but I believe the handwriting is on the wall
for cork.

I prefer cork for its "pop" when opening a bottle, and the fact that
it's an elegant, biodegradable and even resuable material.  But if a
well-engineered screw top can improve preservation and thus my wine
investment, I'm for that.

Earl