[OM] Re: [OT] Re: corks

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Re: corks
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:44:39 +1000
How dare you! The box - Chateau Cardboard - is one of the finest
Australian inventions. Ideal for packaging the standard swilling
quality wine. Get it down yer neck. When I visited my sister in
Bordeaux last year (that's right Bor-bleeding-deaux!) her weekly
regular purchase of bog standard table wine was a ten litre cardboard
cask of Clairet and no one looked down their nose at that now did
they? And yes, it was young and yes it was good.
The wine in casks is for drinking, not for aging. I've had good wine
in casks and bad wine in bottles with corks - and vice versa. And it
will taste much, much better if you don't dowse the burgers with
cheap ketchup, OK?
AndrewF
(If it tastes good, it IS good).