[OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)
From: Der Eiserne Reiter <ferider@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:15:55 -0700 (PDT)
I am convinced that the size of current state-of-the art DSLRs
is a result of marketing not engineering. Size apparently does
matter ...

Small digital backs must be possible to build (point and shoots demonstrate
this). Mirror-reflex boxes are possible for the typical sensor size
and much smaller flange distance. See the PEN F.

The old PEN 38/2.8 Zuiko pancake, 40/2 Summicron or more modern CV lenses
demonstrate what size reduction could be possible.

Roland.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs