[OM] Re: old hoods just fade away

Subject: [OM] Re: old hoods just fade away
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:11:42 +0200
I'm not sure of this either - the only one I've ever seen is the one I
bought a couple of years ago brand new and this is the clamp on style. I
just presumed that since the old style screw-in hoods like the ones for
the 28/2 and 24/2 were all-metal, with the focal length printed in green
and the max. aperture printed in white, the original hoods for the 21mm
lenses were also all-metal. But I've never seen any of these, and
haven't a clear picture of them either. Perhaps they've been rubber
since the beginning.

Hans

: My 21mm f3.5 hood is rubber and screw in style so can we conclude that
there
: may be three versions? Can anyone step forward with a metal one in
either
: style?