[OM] Re: old hoods just fade away

Subject: [OM] Re: old hoods just fade away
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:34:24 -0700

>Mine's a clamp-on hood AndrewF old bean.  However, it is particularly
>difficult to use with polarising filters and I should prefer a screw-
>in one if I could find one.

That's a problem I have too Chris but I have found an old linear pol
around here which has the proper diameter outer ring to accept the hood.
Not ideal but works. Unfortunately my clamping screw has stripped out
the threads and I have only done a half-assed repair. Sometime I must
drill and tap to the next larger diameter screw.

Mike