[OM] Re: An English apology !

Subject: [OM] Re: An English apology !
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:51:09 -0700 (PDT)
I'd recommend that we let the political diatribes be "left"
"right" off the list.  Straight down the "middle" is my "vote".
After all, as a Nader supporter I can be offended by the pro and
anti Bush comments.

The political spectrum isn't a straight line, but a three
dimensional object with many different views and angles.

Regardless, this list isn't the place to express political
discontention. We have the president we have not because of the
hayseeds in flyover country, but because the political system is
a compromise design which will let in a few kooks once in a
while.  For instance, it was the hayseeds in Iowa that decided
that Mr. Kerry was the best democrat to pick from. (at least we
saved the world from Howard).

The point is, none of us have the corner on what makes a correct
political viewpoint. Being passionate about it is a good
thing--when discussed in the proper forum. This isn't it,
though.

Equipment discussions are usually pretty boring. Like the
discussions of the various types of screws used in the lens
mounts. But that's why we talk about shooting locations,
techniques, food, SUVs (not), etc.

Trust me, we don't want to go to a moderated forum status.

Remember, "Only you can prevent political posts."

AG

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail