[OM] Re: E-1 Color at ISO 800

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Color at ISO 800
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:47:54 -0400
> Nice shot, a little 'grainy' but better looking than I expected at high
> asa.

Thanx. I suppose butter smooth would be preferable in a critter shot, but
for some reason I can't articulate clearly, I like this shot, grain and all.
If course it would have been nice to have had a 300mm with a 1.4
teleconverter on the old E-1, and perhaps the blowup wouldn't have been so
apparent, but still . . .

That day was right interesting anyway. There was a _lot_ of high-dollar
Ca*o* and N*kon glass shooting the alewife migration and the birds feeding
on it. I got to talking to a fellow with a D2X outfit that cost more than I
make in a year (including his Gitzo carbon fiber with Wimberly head and a
flash so large it required wires to hold it up on his 1000000000000mm glass)
and he said the New England Nature Photographers were meeting in the area.
Most of the shooters were not pros. I looked as his gear and my (relatively
speaking) compact E-1 and I was right glad to be an Oly freak. Natch, his
pictures of the warblers would have been butter smooth, but, life's hard
then you die.

--Bob