[OM] Re: An English apology !

Subject: [OM] Re: An English apology !
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:07:24 -0700 (PDT)
...I was actually trying to offend. <g>

Bob,
If this character <g>is a smile, please, disregard what I am just about to say
as obviously I am ignorant.
I let it slide the first time, because Walt, Earl and John H. are big boys and
they could defend for themselves, but if you meant this, I will have to comment
on it.
I think you are wrong when you said that Walt wanted to personally attack
another member.  It is true that he always plays the politically incorrect
card, but NEVER with the intend to insult anyone (on the list).  Then Earl and
John H. went along with the stereotype (more on that later...)
I don't really appreciate you trying to offend someone.  As far as I know, we
are all friends here, let me know if I am missing the boat on this one (this is
a question for everyone, not only you Bob).
The stereotype's roots come from the times when W ran for president for first
time, a large chunck of his base declared that Al Gore and John Kerry are too
sophisticated and they can identify with him.
This list covers the whole political spectrum and yes, there are a lot of
republicans/conservatives.  I think Chuck had a bad day to really take it
personally as he knows better that non of us equate list members from your
group to the retarded moron in the oval office.  I have not heard you speaking,
but if you identify with him, I would suggest you take a good look at yourself.
 From your postings, I have safely assumed that you are much better and are
putting yourself down (and I read each one of them...)
I really hope that your existence on this list is not of someone who is looking
for a reason to unleash an assault on members with different views.
Larry,
I feel your pain.  They just cut the funding for PBS, the only middle of the
road levelheaded news org in this country.
John L.
I always enjoyed your photos.
Earl,
I think that since you have waited six years or so, there is no reason not to
wait another two until W is out of office before bringing the subject...:)
Chuck,
Relax, despite being on the opposite side of the political spectrum, I have a
great respect for you.  I am sure Walt, Earl and John H also...
Boris

Yahoo! Mail