[OM] Re: An English apology !

Subject: [OM] Re: An English apology !
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 05:47:37 +1000
Well, I'd like to apologise for Rupert on behalf of all Australians.
If y'all believe that he and his org. are of any political complexion
at all, think again.. His personal history demonstrates that his
allegiance lies strictly in his hip pocket. For instance, he once
supported the election of a Labor government here in the hope of
being appointed ambassador to somewhere or other (probably not
Botswana) and then got very conservative indeed on the new government
when such honours did not arrive in the post. It may be at that point
that he decided to get international.
So, it is our fault. Mea culpa (or whatever the collective plural of
that is - my dead languages aren't so good). He is our fault. He is
out for what he can get. He would support the present North Korean
government if it suited his bank balance or growth prospects. Bad
syntax is the least of his faults.
We apologise.
Stop him now if you still can.
AndrewF