[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:20:32 -0500
I have a Samsung 910T 19" LCD that I use for CAD work. It was almost
$500 and is considered one of the better monitors for this kind of
thing, 1000-1 contrast ratio, etc. But for working with photographs I
still prefer a class tube and have a Samsung 957MB 19" conventional CRT.
Possibly if I had access to a better way to profile the LCD I'd change
my mind.

You can purchase a 19" LeCie glass tube monitor for about $350 these
days. I can't imagine an equivalent cost LCD being as good for
photographic work.

You're right about cost as they get larger though. A 22" LeCie is about
$850...

--
Jim