[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:19:18 -0400
I don't think the dynamic range of LCD's has caught up with CRT's yet.
The only one I'm really familiar with (since I have to use it
occasionally) seems to be subject to moire patterns popping up much more
so than a CRT.  I suspect that it's the very discrete nature of the
pixels on an LCD screen.  Just a guess but I think CRT pixels are
"softer" due to the analog and slightly imprecise nature of the signal
which allows them to bleed into each other a bit.

I've never seen a really expensive LCD but so far I've not seen anything
that would make me want to give up a CRT for photo editing.

Chuck Norcutt