[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:01:53 +1000

> C.H.Ling <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> I think you really have to look at the latest better LCD (not necessary
> the
> expensive one), most people do not use CRT monitor (or TV) today, they
> are
> going plasma and LCD. The LCD is especially good for text, it is very
> sharp
> and clean. I don't know why you have problem, may be you got a really
> bad
> one or the pixel is not properly sync.

I bought an LCD screen for my wife to use a few weeks ago, the bloke who sold
it to
me said to always use it at the native resolution of the screen, if the
resolution is set
differently the quality will be severly reduced.  When I installed it I tried
several
resolutions and the salesman was right, the quality was best when set to the
native
res of the screen, at other resolutions text in particular was much worse.  On
a CRT
monitor the change to the res doesn't seem to effect the apparent quality as
much.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com