[OM] !Re: Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] !Re: Re: RAW
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:59:14 +0800
I didn't found a RAW converter has better resolution, may be one or two has
poorer resolution but not Olympus RAW, C1 or Photoshop CS I have tried,
Vuescan has very poor color rendering (may be it need a profile to work) I'm
really not interested in it. For exposure latitude, C1 can save 1 stop or
more on the high end. Being a pro like you I think you need to try out the
C1, it lets you work much much faster especially when you have to make
adjustment on each image.

Talking about resolution, for Olympus RAW you better set the sharpness to -5
and save to 8 or 16 bit tiff then sharpen it in PS later. For C1 the
built-in sharpening tool is very good, the noise filtering tool is also
fine. Of course it is not as good as the special noise filter program but it
is fast and integrated in the RAW convertion. I use NeatImage if necessary,
make a batch filtration for all 16 bit tiff I converted, exposure adjustment
in PS and sharpen the last step.

C.H.Ling