[OM] I know you're on the edge of your seat.

Subject: [OM] I know you're on the edge of your seat.
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:05:55 -0600
Handled a D70, 300D, and E300 today. Hands down, the D70 was the camera that
most reminded me most of the finest camera ever made: OM-4ti. Until Oly
gets their act together to produce the OM-4D, I may be leaving for the dark
side.

In a way it's fitting. In 1978, when I first got into photography, my best
buddy got an FM10 at the same time I got an OM10, and he had an FM2 (I think)
in 1979
when I got my OM1. We both lugged those cameras up cliffs, into caves, down
trails,  on road trips, and subjected them to abuse well above and beyond what
any camera should be expected to survive. We must have drunk a thousand gallons
of beer debating the relative merits of Olympus versus N*kon, and AE vs
full manual. And the one thing we agreed on was that the other guy had the #2
system.

Maybe Oly will announce the E-2 before I order my D70. Or maybe they'll
announce it and several new fast/cheap lenses before I build a substantial
N*kon
collection. If so, there's always e*ay!

--
Barry B. Bean