[OM] Re: Not even a footnote

Subject: [OM] Re: Not even a footnote
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:40:09 -0800
Corporate culture lives on. After Nikon introduced the D100, Canon
announced the D60. Then came the 10D. Now the 20D. The D100 is still a
fine camera even though the D70 improves on it in a number of areas.
When a replacement is announced this year it is likely it will outlive
several Canon competitors. Olympus is an even smaller company and I
think it made a mistake with a 5MP flagship camera, from a marketing
point of view. I think the E-300 will probably be around several years,
but there will be lots of pressure for a successor to the E-1. Unless
there is some major breakthrough in noise handling, I think the 8 or 10
MP in a reasonably priced camera is going to be a stable increment for
quite a while.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA