[OM] Re: Analog Forever

Subject: [OM] Re: Analog Forever
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:32:56 -0800
It depends on how you define line. I agree with you, but I have been
corrected in other places and have been told that a "line" includes the
space next to it. The reason many arguments don't make sense is that
the terms people are using don't mean the same thing.

I have long since given up on these technical "proofs". At the risk of
criticism I am much less sanguine than other about the competence of
technical analysis by Popular Photography, or anyone for that matter.
I am much more comfortable with subjective judgments of the final
product, an image, by people I respect and my own eyes. Look around on
the web and you may find mathematical proofs that 35mm film will be
equalled when digital resolution reaches 8, 10, or 16 MP. Take your
choice. It just seems futile to me.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA