[OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:53:41 +0200
Ken,

AG Schnozz schrieb:

> I REALLY want to stick with Olympus--that's where my heart is.
> I'm looking for reassurances that getting into the E-x system is
> a smart move for me.

The idea behind the system is right. I had a look at the dpreview forum
where 2 days ago someone posted that they actually do invest a lot into
the system and work on IS too.
Even if you don't like postproduction a lot, the E-1 at least gives you
the possibility to do that without much hassle. I'm pretty sure once you
got it and discover how easy it is (f.i. with C1), you wouldn't consider
it more complicated then scanning and adjusting from film. Actually it's
a lot easier. But you can easily tweak the E-1 to get nice pics straight
from the camera. Of course it's no point and shoot. It has distinct
possibilities and you have to know what you're doing. Which shouldn't be
a problem and is really fun with this intuitive little beast :).
Just handle it a few times and see if you can resist :)

Just my 2 eurocents.

good luck with the decision

:Doro